Monday, April 27, 2009

Lecture Seven Design and development

From Slide Lecture 7


I found that this slide and especially this image reflected the Constriction and freedom component that I am trying to portray in one of my designs. Here it uses the flow of lines to direct the viewer to one point, where their relationship constrict the space but direct freedom at the end of the tunnel. However, this image uses a balanced mix between space and emptiness, or a drop to create openess, which is something I am avoiding to portray.

However, studying this, I have discovered a need to create more interesting spaces where I can give the viewer a taste of freedom, however, far from achieving it.

I have used this technique similarly with small tunnels, some short enough to crawl to convey create the contrast to freedom.

The use of lighting to signify freedom is also similarly captured in my design where I would use paler and more reflective materials in the end / meeting space to portray freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment