Monday, March 16, 2009

Datum Initial modelling

This is the model so far but I think spent too much time on the head. Google Sketch up is a very difficult program even though it looks deceivingly simple and it took me a few days in experimentation to find the right method of making the head. However so, I was unable to continue below ground.

The two words which inspired this model was possession and wither. Possession being above ground and wither being below.

Sketch


From Model

Because I found the original design too vulgar for my chosen artists, I continued with more sketches for a general idea.

From Model


2 Photos


From Model




From Model



The head above is a gallery and is made of glass, where people inside can also see the water. Outside is a constant stream of water overflowing to the sides. The hands would probably be some sort of cement or tiles as steps. Below, underneath the water would also have a glass ceiling for light to come through the water and for more galleries. Beyond this can still be anything.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hayley!
    I really like your idea for the artists studio. I think the fact you have the steps as hands holding up the head adds a whole new element to it, it wouldn't be the same if it just was a giant head made of glass. I also think that with having the water surrounding the building it adds an earthy feeling that is expressed in both Rosalie Gascoigne and Fiona Hall's artwork. The only suggestion I have is that in your views it doesn't actually show the below ground- wither- artist studio. Next time maybe you could do an image with a section through so you can see the bottom. I am really interested in seeing what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete